Friday 31 December 2010

There Goes The Year

Since it's the last day of the year, I thought it would be nice to find out the highlights of the year for certain colleagues. I asked the same question to a number a people, What was your highlight of the year? This is what I got in return...


Steve
'Highlight? Well a number of things, dude. Mary, of course. That's a no brainer. Completing my Maiden back catalogue. I finally got my hands on the imported live double album from 86', that was a good day. Being a Two Time Head Porter. Re-decorating my room. Waxing my back. Just one? It would have to be the Maiden album. Don't tell Mary, though. She hasn't got that one yet. Happy new year and all that, dudes. Keep on rockin' in the free world. Vote labour.'

Mary
'Being with Steve. My wrestling career is going well, on course to be the Tag Team Champ with Sick Vicky. Oo, I've just ordered the 86' imported live double album by Maiden, pretty excited about that. What did Steve say?'

Alex
'Getting engaged to Fran, of course. I'm glad she said yes. I lost the receipt for the ring. Argos wouldn't have let me return it.'

Darren
'Becoming a manager. This office. Shouldn't you be working, Dylan?'

Sharon
'Get back to work, Dylan.'

Fran
'My charity work. Do visit my site www.workingwomeninwheelchairs.org.uk You can donate on there. The Facebook site is under way too. Highlight? I suppose Alex's proposal would be up there, even though the ring wasn't the best. He shouldn't have left the receipt in the box.'


And as for me, I guess my highlight is this, the chance to talk about the people I work with and the things that happen. Sometimes I try to kid myself that it will change, that people will chagce. But this isn't a film, it's not an advert on ITV, it's real life. It's a car park. It won't change. Even after another year. Steve's still a sweaty rocker mummy's boy, Alex is still a bit stupid and I'm still working with them. You wouldn't have it any other way, would you?



Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment